Add the timeless beauty of feature film quality to your production work
2.5K digital camera with super wide 13 stops of dynamic range for a true film look! Available in EF and passive MFT mount models. Includes DaVinci Resolve!
- Elegant, sophisticated and jam packed with the latest digital cinema technology, Blackmagic Cinema Camera gives your work that timeless feature film look! Blackmagic Cinema Camera features an amazing 2.5K image sensor with a wide 13 stops of dynamic range for a true digital film camera. You get a built-in SSD recorder, popular open standard uncompressed RAW and compressed file formats, compatibility with quality EF or Passive Micro Four Thirds lenses, LCD touchscreen monitoring plus metadata entry, all packed into an exciting hand held design! There are two exciting models to choose from depending on the lens mount you prefer!
- Move to Digital Film Blackmagic Cinema Camera features a high resolution sensor with wide dynamic range so it’s perfect for independent film, television commercials and episodic television production. DaVinci Resolve software for Mac™ and Windows™ is included so you can work at the highest quality and get the best results. Blackmagic Cinema Camera is both affordable and a complete solution because it includes a built-in recorder and monitoring, so it’s perfect for displacing video-only cameras for work such as sporting events, weddings, music videos and more!
- 13 Stop Dynamic Range Regular video cameras clip video so you are locked into images that look cheap. Blackmagic Cinema Camera eliminates this problem as it captures a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops into 12-bit DNG files, so your images look truly cinematic. This preserves detail in both shadows and highlights, and even handles indoor shots while keeping the details of any images captured through windows. This means you keep all sensor data so you can make creative decisions during DaVinci Resolve color grading!
- Premium Quality Building one of the finest cameras in the world requires attention to every detail. Blackmagic Cinema Camera’s premium quality design features a machined aluminum chassis, interchangeable optics, high resolution 2.5K sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and 12-bit RAW uncompressed and compressed file formats! Every aspect of the image path has been totally optimized for quality, so this means you always get the quality you need for the most demanding work.
- EF and Passive MFT Mount Models!Now the Blackmagic Cinema Camera comes in two models, depending on the lens mount you want so you can use the most amazing optics from the world’s leading lens crafters. The original EF compatible mount model lets you use Canon and Zeiss lenses with full electronic control of your lens iris and more. The new Passive Micro Four Thirds (MFT) gives you compatibility with a wide range of manually operated lenses, while also being easily adapted to other mounts such as PL mount via third party adapters. With Blackmagic Cinema Camera you are not locked into any specific lens and you can choose the lens you need based on the creative style of your shot!
- Metadata Entry Blackmagic Cinema Camera is the first camera to feature built-in metadata entry so your files include information compatible with popular editing software. This dramatically speeds up the whole post production process! Entering metadata is easy. Simply tap the capacitive LCD touchscreen to display the slate where you can enter information such as shot number, search tags, scene number, timecode and more! You can even set shot number and other data to increment automatically!
- Built-in SSD RecorderBlackmagic Cinema Camera features a built-in SSD recorder that allows 2.5K uncompressed CinemaDNG RAW 12-bit capture as well as Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD compressed video formats. All file formats are open standard and used by NLE software so you get the only camera designed from the ground up to be part of a whole post production workflow! When you’ve finished shooting, simply connect the SSD to your computer and edit or color your shots straight from the disk!