Ideal for professional broadcast, documentary or live event video applications, the PXW-X180 XDCAM HD422 camcorder offers a 25x HD zoom lens, three 1/3"-type Exmor CMOS sensors for high resolution, low noise and wide dynamic range, and a variable Neutral Density filter which provides more flexibility in density control and a broader range of shooting techniques. By using the wireless function, the camera connection is broadened to other destinations for sharing content by transfering files. In addition, a live streaming feature is available via cellular connection, Wi-Fi, and ethernet*. The camcorder has a new type of Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe where compatible accessories attached to the MI shoe can be controlled from the PXW-X180. The new HVL-LBPC video LED light can be attached which enables controlling the light ON and OFF syncing with recording START and STOP. Also, if an optional UWP-D wireless microphone receiver is connected with use of the optional adapter SMAD-P3, power supply and cable-free audio signal input are possible, minimizing the need for extra batteries and removing the need for additional cabling. *A firmware version upgrade is required to activate these functions.
- Three 1/3"-type Full HD Exmor CMOS sensors
- Sony G Lens with 25x Optical Zoom.
- Variable ND filter manually control mechanism
- Auto ND Filter enables to adjust the density of the variable ND filter automatically.
- High quality XAVC Intra and XAVC Log GOP recordings
- 59.94p / 50p recording at Full HD 1920 x 180
- Switchable recordings for MPEG-2 HD422, AVCHD, and DVCAM
- Wi-Fi features for viewing image from your Android/iOS device, browse/send files, and remotely control the camera.
- High quality Sony's QoS live streaming to PWS-100RX1 via wireless/wired network.
- Proxy file recording on SD card
- Dual SxS media slot for simultaneous recording, relay recording, and independent recording control.
- Multi Interface Hot-Shoe (MI Shoe) for flexible connection
- OLED color viewfinder
- 3G HD-SDI and HDMI supports up to 60p full HD uncompressed signal
- Remote control (partialy compatible with LANC)
- Compatible cellular modems in the States are Verizon UML290, Verizon MC551L, AT&T Beam AC340U, and Sprint NetGear 341U. The optional CBK-NA1 is also recommended to use with these modems.